How to renew US passport. Passport Renewal Fees. Expedited Passport Renewal . Replace Lost Passport. One Day Passport Renewal. Expedited Passport Service. Passport Renewal Form. Passport Photo Requirements. Passport Renewal Post Office. US Regional Passport Agencies. Arkansas Passport Agency . Atlanta Passport Agency. Boston Passport Agency. Buffalo Passport Agency. Chicago Passport Agency. Colorado Passport Agency. Connecticut Passport Agency. Dallas Passport Agency. Detroit Passport Agency. El Paso Passport Agency. Honolulu Passport Agency. Houston Passport Agency. Los Angeles Passport Agency. Miami Passport Agency. Minneapolis Passport Agency. National Passport Center. New Orleans Passport Agency. New York Passport Agency. Philadelphia Passport Agency. San Diego Passport Agency. San Francisco Passport Agency. Seattle Passport Agency. Vermont Passport Agency. Washington Passport Agency. Western Passport Center. Visa for China from USA. Contact Us. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use. 2013 Copyright © All rights reserved. Terms of use | Privacy policy | Contact us | Terms of use

We are | Explore our web site and if you have any questions, please drop us an email.

Passport Renewal

How to renewal your passport

Passport renewal fees

Replace lost passport

Passport renewal form

Passport photo requirement

Passport Renewal Post Office

Passport Renewal San Francisco

Passport Renewal Washington

Passport Renewal Arkansas

Passport Renewal Atlanta

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail
How to renew US passport
US Passport Renewal

Regional Passport Agencies

List of regional Passport Agencies

Boston Passport Agency

Chicago Passport Agency

Dallas Passport Agency

Detroit Passport Agency

Houston Passport Agency

Los Angeles Passport Agency

Miami Passport Agency

New York Passport Agency

San Francisco Passport Agency

Expedite your Passport

Expedite your Passport Renewal

Expedited Passport Services

Get the Facts.                                                                                                                        US Passport Renewal Guide.                                                                                             


Minor Applicants (Under Age 16)

Execution Fee

Passport Book & Card




Passport Book




Passport Card




US Passport Renewal
If your US Passport has reached its expiration date, you will want to have the passport renewed as soon as possible because you cannot leave the country without an updated US passport. Passport renewal is a fairly easy process.

How to much does it cost to renew your passport?
Passport renewal fees for a standard application depend on the age of applicant and on whether you require both passport book and card. See table below.
How to renew your passport?
You have two options available to you;
1. The most common route is to renew your passport by mail.

2. The second option is to renew your passport in person.

Passport renewal via Mail
To apply for your passport renewal via mail you need to meet the following criteria:

You received your expired passport when you were 16 years or older.

There is no damage to the appearance of the expired passport and submitting it with your application will not be an issue.

Your passport is no older than 15 years old and finally

Your previous passport was in the same name as the one you need to have renewed.

If your name has been changed through marriage, you must be able to provide legal documentation stating the name change.
How to renewal your passport via Mail
If you are not in a hurry to get your passport back you will need to complete these steps;

Complete the U.S. Passport Renewal Application Form DS-82 in black ink.

Sign and date the form on the first page.

Find your current passport.

Get 1 color passport photo that is meets the US Passport Photo Requirements

Write a check or obtain a money order of $110 payable to the Department of State, payment will be $140 for both the passport card and book.

If your name has legally changed submit relevant legal documentation (if applicable).

Post all the documentation to in a padded, weatherproof envelope to:

National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 90155
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155
The official processing time for passport renewal is between 4 to 6 weeks from the date your passport is received.

Passport renewal in Person
When applying for a passport renewal in person you have two options depending on your on the urgency of your application. For a standard passport renewal you will need to apply using your local facility. The passport renewal local facilities tend to be selected post offices, clerk of court offices, and public libraries. The second option is for expedited passport renewals, if your application is urgent and you are travelling within 2 weeks then you can book an appointment with your Regional Passport agency for the expedited service (a fee is payable for this service).

You will need to apply in person if any of the following are true:

You are 15 years old and younger.

Your first U.S. passport was issued when you were younger than 16 years old.

Your last U.S. passport was stolen, damaged, or lost.

You obtained your last U.S. passport more than 15 years ago.

You've changed your name after your last U.S. passport was issued and you can't provide legal documentation for your name change.

What you need to know when renewing your US Passport

When renewing your passport, you may opt to renew it from outside the country, as well as doing it from the comfort of your home if you are residing in the United States. If your US passport expires while you are living or working in another country, you must visit the US Consulate or US embassy that is located within the country you are residing in.

US residents who are currently living in the United States must first complete the DS-82 Form. This form needs to be completed and submitted if you are applying for your new passport by mail. You must also keep in mind that the typical return time for all passports is anywhere from four to six weeks; therefore, it is recommended that you apply for your passport at least 10 weeks prior to a planned vacation.

Important things to remember when renewing your US passport

Before applying for your new US passport through the mail, ensure that you check your passport thoroughly for damage or alteration because if the passport has been altered in any way or form, you will have to renew your passport in person.

It is also important that you use a delivery method that can easily be traced such as DHL when applying for your passport renewal through the mail. Keep in mind that you will be emailing important documents and information that should never be allowed into the hands of unscrupulous individuals. Therefore you need to know where they are at all times.

When applying for your passport renewal through the mail, it is advised that you mail your passport application and all supporting documents in an envelope that does not require you to fold anything in order for it to fit. This means that the standard letter size envelopes will not work.

Passport renewal is a very serious matter and it is not something that you should take lightly. If your passport is past its expiration date do not wait until you need the passport to renew it, renew it at your earliest convenience.
It is also good to note that there is the passport expedite system that gets your passport to you within two to three weeks and it is the recommended service option for residents who need their passport before the regular four to six weeks waiting period.